'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v EcuadorPublished: November 29, 2022
Senegal's second and decisive goal against Ecuador in Tuesday's last round of matches in Group A of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 scored by Chelsea defender Kalidou Koulibaly was described by former Nigeria international Efan Ekoku as being the quality of a marksman.
Ekoku was one of the English commentators for the game won 2-1 by the African champions which sees them qualifying for the round of 16 stage of the World Cup.
In his analysis of the goal, the co-commentator affirmed that Senegal were never in a comfortable lead after going ahead.
"All I can say is that you're never more vulnerable than when you just scored," Ekoku, who was on commentary duty for the World Cup world feed, said.
"But just as Senegal were culpable in being a, little absent-minded defensively, equally so Ecuador.
"The ball beats five or six player, you just have to react. Kalidou Koulibaly with the movement of a striker and the finish of a real marksman. He didn't slash out of the ball, he coolly side-footed it," the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner with Nigeria enthused.
Ekoku in similar vein was very impressed by the execution of the penalty by Ismaila Sarr which had put the Teranga Lions ahead.
Senegal will face the winners of Group B in the round of 16.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football