Leicester boss Rodgers takes teenage GK of Nigerian descent to training camp in Abu DhabiPublished: November 30, 2022
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers included teenage goalkeeper of Nigerian descent Kelechi Chibueze in the traveling squad for a warm weather training camp in Abu Dhabi
The Foxes are holding a warm weather training camp in the United Arab Emirates as part of their preparations for the resumption of the Premier League after the World Cup break.
Seven Leicester City players are taking part in the World Cup including goalkeeper Danny Ward who was in goal in Wales' 3-0 defeat suffered at the hands of England on Tuesday.
Other Foxes representatives absent from the trip due to their World Cup commitments are African duo Daniel Amartey (Ghana) and Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), James Maddison (England), Wout Faes, Timothy Castagne and Youri Tielemans (Belgium).
Ward's absence opened the door for Chibueze to be named in the traveling squad.
A former Chelsea schoolboy, the 18-year-old Chibueze represents Leicester City's development squad and will be aiming to catch the eye of Rodgers during the training camp.
Nigeria internationals Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho have been training with the Leicester squad since Monday evening in Abu Dhabi.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football