Leicester boss Rodgers takes teenage GK of Nigerian descent to training camp in Abu DhabiPublished: November 30, 2022
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers included teenage goalkeeper of Nigerian descent Kelechi Chibueze in the traveling squad for a warm weather training camp in Abu Dhabi
The Foxes are holding a warm weather training camp in the United Arab Emirates as part of their preparations for the resumption of the Premier League after the World Cup break.
Seven Leicester City players are taking part in the World Cup including goalkeeper Danny Ward who was in goal in Wales' 3-0 defeat suffered at the hands of England on Tuesday.
Other Foxes representatives absent from the trip due to their World Cup commitments are African duo Daniel Amartey (Ghana) and Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), James Maddison (England), Wout Faes, Timothy Castagne and Youri Tielemans (Belgium).
Ward's absence opened the door for Chibueze to be named in the traveling squad.
A former Chelsea schoolboy, the 18-year-old Chibueze represents Leicester City's development squad and will be aiming to catch the eye of Rodgers during the training camp.
Nigeria internationals Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho have been training with the Leicester squad since Monday evening in Abu Dhabi.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football