PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta PraguePublished: December 01, 2022
Gunners hero Tomáš Rosický was in attendance at Meadow Park on Wednesday night as Arsenal U21s were beaten 1-0 by Sparta Prague in a Premier League International Cup clash.
It was Arsenal's development squad first defeat on home soil in all competitions since the start of the 2022-2023 season.
As for team news, manager Mehmet Ali handed starts to two players of Nigerian descent in Zach Awe and Joel Ideho. with both going the full ninety.
The match was decided by one goal in the second half scored by Schanelec, who slotted home a loose ball.
Speaking post-match, Anglo-Nigerian central defender Awe revealed the positives Arsenal can take from the loss to the Czech Republic side.
"I felt that we did well playing out from the back. They did press man for man a lot but our style of play did beat them higher up the pitch," Awe told Arsenal's official website.
"You know, the game's won in both boxes and unfortunately, they put theirs away and we didn't.
" "That's football. We'll go next week and hopefully rectify the mistakes we made today."
After three matches, Arsenal have four points in Group B of the Premier League International Cup and their last game in the group is against PSV Eindhoven in February 2023.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football