'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for MoroccoPublished: December 01, 2022
The Atlas Lions of Morocco have emerged as the second African team to qualify for the knockout rounds of the 2022 FIFA World Cup holding in Qatar after defeating Canada.
Morocco defeated the North American country 2-1 in a Group F matchday three encounter played at the Al Thumama Stadium in Doha.
Hakim Ziyech fired the North African nation ahead in the 4th minute with an outside of the box lob after the Canadian goalkeeper misplaced his pass.
The lead was extended to two when Sevilla star Youssef En-Nesyri shot home a right footed shot from within the box in the 23rd minute.
Canada pulled one back courtesy of an own goal from Morocco and West Ham United defender Nayef Aguerd in the 40th minute.
With the game ending 2-1 in favor of Morocco, they become the first African nation to win their group in the ongoing World Cup.
The Atlas Lions finished first with seven points from three games played, ahead of Croatia, Belgium and Canada in that order.
Ziyech's inspiring performance that earned him the Man of the Match award has made Nigerians football lovers applaud him.
Here are some of the tweets below :
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football