'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for MoroccoPublished: December 01, 2022
The Atlas Lions of Morocco have emerged as the second African team to qualify for the knockout rounds of the 2022 FIFA World Cup holding in Qatar after defeating Canada.
Morocco defeated the North American country 2-1 in a Group F matchday three encounter played at the Al Thumama Stadium in Doha.
Hakim Ziyech fired the North African nation ahead in the 4th minute with an outside of the box lob after the Canadian goalkeeper misplaced his pass.
The lead was extended to two when Sevilla star Youssef En-Nesyri shot home a right footed shot from within the box in the 23rd minute.
Canada pulled one back courtesy of an own goal from Morocco and West Ham United defender Nayef Aguerd in the 40th minute.
With the game ending 2-1 in favor of Morocco, they become the first African nation to win their group in the ongoing World Cup.
The Atlas Lions finished first with seven points from three games played, ahead of Croatia, Belgium and Canada in that order.
Ziyech's inspiring performance that earned him the Man of the Match award has made Nigerians football lovers applaud him.
Here are some of the tweets below :
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football