Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new onesPublished: December 01, 2022
Germany crashed out of the 2022 World Cup in the group stage despite beating Costa Rica 4-2 on Thursday night.
Goals from Kai Havertz (2), Niclas Fullkrug and Serge Gnabry earned the four-time champions a win, while the CONCACAF nation replied through Yeltsin Tejeda and Juan Vargas.
Bayerm Munich attacking midfielder Jamal Musiala came close to grabbing his first World Cup goal on two occasions but his efforts hit the woodwork.
At the tender age of nineteen, Musiala, who was previously eligible for Nigeria and England before pledging his future to Germany, made a big impression at the World Cup despite Die Mannschaft's early elimination.
He set two World Cup records tonight but failed to break one held by Super Eagles legend and three-time World Cupper Austin Okocha.
According to OPTA, Musiala completed twelve dribbles against Costa Rica, the most recorded by a teenager at a World Cup (1966 onwards).
The absolute record is held by Okocha who completed fifteen take-ons n a round of sixteen clash between Nigeria and Italy at Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough on July 5, 1994.
Musiala also set another World Cup record against Costa Rica with 24 touches in the opposition box, the most by any player in recorded World Cup history (since 1966).
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PL International Cup : 2023 Flying Eagles invitee on target for Arsenal in 7-2 loss to PSV
- 'Nigeria known for having very talented players' - Peseiro impressed with Golden Eaglets
- Arsenal may consider summer sale of red-hot Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football