Ex-Arsenal U21 skipper Ajayi makes injury return after missing 15 games for club, countryPublished: December 02, 2022
Former Arsenal U21 skipper Semi Ajayi made his return from injury as West Brom suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of La Liga outfit Elche in a friendly on Friday afternoon.
The Nigeria international sustained a serious ankle injury in a Championship clash against Wigan Athletic on August 30.
Ajayi returned to full training just before the World Cup break and traveled with the Baggies squad for a mid-season warm weather training camp in Spain.
The 29-year-old was unavailable for selection for fifteen matches in total for club and country while on the sidelines, comprising thirteen in the Championship and the national team's friendlies against Algeria and Portugal.
It has taken Ajayi 94 days to play his first game for West Brom, albeit it was a friendly, with manager Carlos Corberán handing the central defender minutes off the bench for the entirety of the second half against Elche.
Argentinian attacker Ezequiel Ponce netted the only goal of the game midway through the second half when he dinked the ball over goalkeeper David Button.
Ajayi will be aiming to make his eighth appearance of the season when West Brom travel to Sunderland on December 12.
Photo Credit : wba.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football