Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to ChelseaPublished: December 04, 2022
Leicester City have explained why Super Falcons central defender Ashleigh Plumptre missed the Foxes' 8-0 defeat suffered at the hands of Women's Super League leaders Chelsea at the King Power Stadium on Saturday,
Through their official website, Leicester City confirmed that manager Willie Kirk could not count on the services of Plumptre because she's still recovering from a hamstring problem.
The Foxes shared that the 24-year-old will not play again this year as she will be sidelined until January 2023.
Plumptre was involved in Leicester's last league game before the visit of Chelsea, going the distance in a 1-0 loss to West Ham United.
She will miss the trip to Liverpool on December 15 and it remains to be seen whether or not she would would have fully recovered from the injury in Leicester's first game of 2023 against Brighton & Hove on January 15.
Without the Nigeria international in the squad, Leicester City suffered their biggest defeat of the 2022-2023 season against Chelsea, with England, Reiten, Fleming (2), Kirby (2) Charles and Kerr getting on the scoresheet for the Londoners.
Plumptre was an ever-present in Leicester City's starting lineup prior to her spell on the sidelines, having logged 720 minutes in eight matches in the Women's Super League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football