Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to ChelseaPublished: December 04, 2022
Leicester City have explained why Super Falcons central defender Ashleigh Plumptre missed the Foxes' 8-0 defeat suffered at the hands of Women's Super League leaders Chelsea at the King Power Stadium on Saturday,
Through their official website, Leicester City confirmed that manager Willie Kirk could not count on the services of Plumptre because she's still recovering from a hamstring problem.
The Foxes shared that the 24-year-old will not play again this year as she will be sidelined until January 2023.
Plumptre was involved in Leicester's last league game before the visit of Chelsea, going the distance in a 1-0 loss to West Ham United.
She will miss the trip to Liverpool on December 15 and it remains to be seen whether or not she would would have fully recovered from the injury in Leicester's first game of 2023 against Brighton & Hove on January 15.
Without the Nigeria international in the squad, Leicester City suffered their biggest defeat of the 2022-2023 season against Chelsea, with England, Reiten, Fleming (2), Kirby (2) Charles and Kerr getting on the scoresheet for the Londoners.
Plumptre was an ever-present in Leicester City's starting lineup prior to her spell on the sidelines, having logged 720 minutes in eight matches in the Women's Super League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football