'The only one would be Mbappe' - Ex-Everton scout on ideal replacement for OsimhenPublished: December 09, 2022
Former Everton scout Carlo Jacomuzzi has had his say on the ideal replacement for Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen at Napoli.
Jacomuzzi believes that the only player capable of stepping into the Nigerian's shoes is none other than Paris Saint Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe.
Osimhen is being linked with a departure from Napoli next summer with the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea credited with an interest in the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup Golden Boot winner.
The 23-year-old has been in great form for Napoli this season, scoring nine goals in eleven matches, putting him ahead of Bologna's Marko Arnautovic (8), Inter Milan's Lautaro Martínez (7), Atalanta's Ademola Lookman (7) and Spezia's MBala Nzola (7)in the race for the Golden Boot in the Serie A.
Osimhen and Mbappe are players blessed with physicality, strength and pace, though the Frenchman is more clinical in front of goal and the Nigerian has better aerial ability.
"Possible replacement for Osimhen ? Difficult to replace him, especially after the increase in the value of some players involved in the World Cup," Jacomuzzi said on 1 Station Radio , during the broadcast of Luca Cerchione, 1 Football Club, via Area Napoli.
"He has power, physical strength and a great range of play, impossible to find similar characteristics in other players.
"The only one would be Mbappé ... If Napoli were to proceed down this path, it would be appropriate to retain Victor."
Osimhen has two and a half years left on his contract with Napoli, whom he joined from Lille in exchange for 70 million euros.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football