Former Nigeria star praises Morocco coach for learning from Arsenal managerPublished: December 14, 2022
Ahead of Wednesday's second semifinals match between France and Morocco, former Super Eagles defender Ifeanyi Udeze has praised the work done by Morocco's head coach Walid Regragui and believes he can take his team to the final of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Regragui only took charge of the team in August 2022 but made history when his team beat Portugal to reach the semifinals, the first time an African team will be achieving that.
Udeze while speaking on Brila FM, Lagos also hailed the humility of the Moroccan who was keen to learn from other coaches.
Regragui reportedly had a Zoom meeting with Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta some months ago in a bid to understand how the Gunners were able to defeat Pep Guardiola's Manchester City.
"Anything is possible now. Morocco can no longer be underrated. Regragui has done very well and it won't be a surprise," Udeze told Sports radio, Brila FM as monitored by All Nigeria Soccer.
"I'm happy to hear that he even had a zoom session with Mikel Arteta some months ago. He wanted to understand how Pep (Guardiola) works. Of course Arteta was Guardiola's assistant.
" The Morocco coach learning from Arteta was nice to know. He wants to learn, and anyone can learn from anyone.
Udeze concluded by adding that if former Super Eagles caretaker coach Austin Eguavoen had qualified Nigeria for the World Cup, every Nigeria will hail him as 'the best' coach.
"Everybody is hailing the coach of Morocco now. If Eguavoen had qualified Nigeria for the World Cup, everybody will praise him as well," Udeze who was in Nigeria's 2002 FIFA World Cup squad stated.
The Morocco versus France game kicks off 8pm Nigerian time.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football