2017 Super Eagles invitee continues his fine form with 4th goal in 6 games for Al-FayhaPublished: December 15, 2022
2017 Super Eagles invitee Anthony Nwakaeme was the star of the show as Al-Fayha FC claimed a 2-1 road win against
Al-Khaleej in a Saudi Pro League match held at Prince Saud bin Jalawi Stadium on Thursday afternoon.
The experienced striker was decisive, netting the opening goal before providing the game-winning assist nine minutes into the second half.
Today marks the first time Al-Fayha FC have managed to win a game in which their Nigerian star got on the scoresheet.
Nwakaeme broke the deadlock with a beautiful penalty through the middle in the seventeenth minute.
The 33-year-old netted his first goal in Al-Fayha colours in the draw with Abha Club, before scoring in back-to-back defeats to Al Shabab and Al-Adalah FC.
In his final season at Tranzonspor, he directly participated in an impressive 23 goals (13 goals, 10 assists) in 30 appearances in the Turkish Super Lig while he managed three goal involvements in other competitions.
In the provisional Saudi Pro League standings, Al-Fayha are 13th with five points from nine games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football