'Approach in the beginning wrong' - Ex-Super Eagles star on why France lost to ArgentinaPublished: December 18, 2022
Former Super Eagles defender Ifeanyi Udeze gave his post-match reaction on France's defeat in the final of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar against Argentina on Sunday evening.
The final played at the Lusail Iconic Stadium was arguably the most enthralling final of the FIFA World Cup in recent years with the game ending 3-3 after 120 minutes of football.
Penalties were required to crown a champion of the mundial and Argentina won 4-2 after the spot kicks.
Udeze who was Nigeria's first choice left back at the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea, and Japan spoke on Brila FM, Lagos.
"France's approach in the beginning was wrong. They could have started the game with the intensity with which they played the second half," the onetime West Brom defender stated.
"The solution was to attack, attack and attack the Argentines. They were not supposed to relax if there was to be a change on fortunes earlier.
"They were playing 'serere' football and that wouldn't help you," the former Nigeria international reiterated.
"Aside the Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo rivalry, a lot of Africans supported France because most of their players have African backgrounds.
"They (France) did their best but congratulations to Messi. He has really worked hard to achieve this," Udeze added.
The United States, Mexico and Canada will co-host the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Video mocking Osimhen: Agent reveals Super Eagles striker could take legal action against Napoli
- EFL Cup: Ozoh makes season debut for Palace as goals from Garnacho, Casemiro, Martial hand Man Utd win
- Flying Eagles central defender finally makes his Brentford debut, but for B team
- Pundit insists Chelsea should have signed Super Eagles star for N123.7b in the summer
- 'He has lost credibility' - Ex-Real Madrid striker reacts to Osimhen's touchline row with Napoli coach
- 'Does have to go out again' - Bolton boss urges Shoretire to consider leaving Man Utd in January
- Video: Fleet-footed winger Simon produces outrageous assist for Nantes fourth goal v Lorient
- 'I'm not giving up' - Rangers striker Dessers vows to push harder to regain his place in starting XI
- Chelsea give key injury update on Chukwuemeka pre-Brighton & Hove
- Update: Gent throw in the towel on Gift Orban's suspension, confirm striker won't play Wednesday
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football