Osimhen praised for his gesture after he was substituted in Napoli's loss to VillarrealPublished: December 19, 2022
Italian football pundit Carmine Martino, who monitored the friendly between Napoli and Villarreal at the Diego Maradona Stadium on Saturday, has praised Victor Osimhen for his gesture after he was substituted.
Étienne Capoue broke the deadlock inside twelve minutes with a left-footed shot from outside the box but the lead lasted two minutes as Osimhen's composed finish drew the home team level.
The Nigeria international was in action for 62 minutes before making way for Giovanni Simeone as The Blues suffered a 3-2 defeat at the hands of the Yellow Submarine.
Martino underlined that Osimhen remained on the sidelines to spur on his teammates rather than sit on the bench.
" The Nigerian centre-forward, after being replaced, remained on the sideline and urged his teammates until the end to find the equalizer, " Martino said during Radio Goal , a program broadcast on Kiss Kiss Napoli.
"I was very pleased because I saw in the former Lille the desire to be an integral part of the group even if not on the pitch. a good signal for everyone".
After the friendly against Villarreal, Napoli resumed training on Monday morning at the SSCN Konami Training Centre ahead of their friendly against Lille on Wednesday at the Stadio Maradona,
Osimhen and his Napoli teammates return to competitive action with a game against Inter Milan on January 4, 2023.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football