Chelsea's 2018 World Cup winner wants to sign pre-contract with BarcelonaPublished: December 19, 2022
Chelsea's 2018 World Cup winner of Malian descent N'Golo Kante could change teams next year, with La Liga giants Barcelona reportedly interested in his services.
According to Spanish sports newspaper Sport, Kante is pushing Barcelona to sign a preliminary contract in January as he has other offers and wants his future to be sorted out soon.
The Frenchman's contract with the Londoners expires next summer, so from January 1, the player will be able to negotiate with other clubs.
Barcelona continue to search for a replacement for Sergio Busquets ,who is likely to leave the team.
Although Barcelona are interested in Chelsea's Jorginho and Leicester City's Youri Tielemans, Kante is their preferred option as he has played at a high level.
Barcelona have also been linked with Martín Zubimendi and Rúben Neves but the stumbling block to a deal is the financial situation of the club with both midfielders contracted to Real Sociedad and Wolverhampton Wanderers respectively beyond the end of this season.
Kante missed the recently concluded 2022 World Cup due to injury.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football