Turkish Cup : David scores, Onyekuru wins penalty as Adana Demirspor lose seven-goal thrillerPublished: December 22, 2022
Adana Demirspor crashed out of the Turkish Cup in the fifth round after an entertaining 4-3 defeat to Rizespor at Yeni Adana Stadyumu on Thursday evening.
Heading into the fixture, Adana Demirspor have been scoring for fun in the Turkish Cup with nine goals in two matches in the earlier rounds.
Nigerian strikers Henry Onyekuru and Babajide David started in attack for the home team.
The visitors led 2-0 at halftime courtesy of goals from Sefa Yilmaz and Deniz Hümmet in the 7th and 45th minute respectively.
Onyekuru had a couple of chances to get on the scoresheet in the first half but was either denied by the goalkeeper or his finishing let him down.
The Nigeria international won a penalty in the 66th minute after his close range shot struck the outstretched arms of a Rizespor defender.
David pulled one back from the penalty spot and Bahadir Öztürk headed into his own net five minutes from time to send the game into extra time.
Rizespor were in the ascendency in extra time as Kubilay Kanatsizkus and Alberk Koc found the net for a 4-2 lead, before Yusuf Sari netted in the 117th minute to set up a nervy finish.
Onyekuru and Akintola have scored four goals each for Adana Demirspor from the same number of games (14) so far this season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PL International Cup : 2023 Flying Eagles invitee on target for Arsenal in 7-2 loss to PSV
- 'Nigeria known for having very talented players' - Peseiro impressed with Golden Eaglets
- Arsenal may consider summer sale of red-hot Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football