'There is no concrete interest' - Rumoured Aston Villa target Onuachu on his future at GenkPublished: December 23, 2022
Paul Onuachu has played down speculation linking him with a departure from Racing Genk in the January transfer window, saying he's happy at the Belgian Pro League table toppers.
Sensational reports in the media had suggested that the FC Ebedei product was on the wishlist of Unai Emery's Aston Villa, but the striker is on the same page as Racing Genk Technical Director Dimitri de Conde after revealing that no club has shown concrete interest in his services.
Since Onuachu's arrival in Belgium in the summer of 2019, he has won the hearts of the Racing Genk faithful and beyond with his goalscoring displays.
In 128 official matches as a Racing Genk player, Onuachu has tallied 82 goals and registered ten assists, however, his dream move to the Premier League has yet to materialize.
Commenting on his future, Onuachu told Het Belang van Limburg, via bold.dk : "Who knows? Anything can happen in football. But I'm still really happy at KRC Genk, and I don't necessarily want to move on.
"You have to be happy with what you have, and I don't think about what I don't have.
"There is no concrete interest in the future. We're going to talk and then we'll see what happens.
"There was a lot of talk this summer, but nothing concrete was on the table. Was it difficult that I didn't get my change? Yes it was.
"I have done more than other players who have been changed, and it has not happened to me yet. I believe in God's timing."
The 28-year-old Onuachu will enter the last one year of his contract with Racing Genk at the end of the 2022-2023 season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- 2015 Golden Eaglets invitee among three Gabriels on target as Arsenal edge seven-goal thriller at Luton
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football