'A center forward like Osimhen half of Europe would like' - Ex-Inter star backs Napoli to win titlePublished: December 25, 2022
Former Inter Milan midfielder Salvatore Bagni is convinced Napoli will win the Italian Serie A title this season because of the top players at the disposal of manager Luciano Spalletti, including Nigeria international Victor Osimhen.
The Parthenopeans are enjoying a successful season, topping the table with 41 points accumulated after fifteen games - eight more than defending champions AC Milan.
Napoli are one of the two teams yet to taste defeat in the top five European Leagues this season, the other being Lionel Messi's Paris Saint-Germain.
The team from Naples have not won the Serie A since 1990 when the great Diego Maradona inspired them to the Scudetto.
Bagni namechecked Osimhen as he discussed the chances of the likes of AC Milan and Juventus catching up with Napoli in the title race, noting that the Super Eagles star is on the wishlist of top European clubs.
Speaking to Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport, via FC Inter News, Bagni said : "
"There could be some difficulties but Luciano Spalletti has shown that he knows how to juggle a competitive and hungry squad .
"In attack he has a center forward like Victor Osimhen that half of Europe would like and a champion like Kvicha Kvaratskhelia . So Napoli must fear only itself.
"But if there were a sharp decline then they would all come back into play, the Milanese and also Juve who in any case recover players of a certain importance, but I remain of the idea that Napoli will win."
Osimhen is the leading scorer in the Italian topflight with nine goals despite missing four games through injury.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football