Celtic's Irish-Nigerian defender Lawal pushing for first team breakthrough amid exit talkPublished: December 25, 2022
Republic of Ireland underage international Bosun Lawal is pushing for a first team breakthrough at Scottish Premiership champions Celtic amid speculation surrounding his future.
In recent days, the former Watford schoolboy has been linked with possible moves to Premier League club Brentford plus Italian duo Verona and Pisa.
Lawal was an unused substitute for the second time in three matches since the Premiership restarted as Celtic thrashed St. Johnstone 4-1 on Saturday to consolidate their position at the top of the table.
Celtic risk losing one of the most promising players in their academy sooner rather than later if he is not assured of a pathway into the first team.
Already there is a clamor from the Hoops supporters for Ange Postecoglou to give him a chance in the first team, but the Australian football tactician is taking a cautious approach by giving him minutes only in non-competitive matches.
Postecoglou can use the versatility of Lawal to play him either in central defence or defensive midfield.
The 19-year-old joined Celtic in the summer of 2021 after rejecting a professional contract at Watford, where he was named the Academy Player of the Year in his final season at Vicarage Road.
Lawal will be hoping to get another chance to make his first team debut for Celtic when they take on Hibernian on Wednesday, December 28.
Photo Credit : celticfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football