Chelsea's search for a left-sided center back : Two African descent players targetedPublished: December 25, 2022
English Premier League giants Chelsea are in the market for a left-sided central defender and two players of African descent have emerged as candidates for the position.
According to the usually well-informed sports website The Athletic UK (subscription required), Chelsea are showing interest in Eintracht Frankfurt's former France U21 international of Cameroonian descent Evan Ndicka, Bayer Leverkusen's Piero Hincapié, RB Leipzig's Josko Gvardiol and Monaco's France international of Congolese descent Benoît Badiashile.
Per the report, Badiashile is Chelsea's number one target and discussions between the English and French clubs have already started.
There is no agreement in place but the 21-year-old could be joining the Stamford Bridge outfit for a potential fee of 35 million euros.
This season, Badiashile has scored two goals in sixteen all-competition appearances for Monaco and was in action for 1, 288 minutes.
Frankfurt's Ndicka could be a cheaper alternative to Badiashile as his contract with the German Bundesliga club expires in June 2023.
Ndicka started the Europa League final against Rangers in May and has gone the distance in every single game played by Frankfurt in this season's Champions League.
Photo Credit : asmonaco.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football