'We talk a lot' - Chelsea new signing Fofana receiving advice from Arsenal legendPublished: December 26, 2022
Speaking after receiving Nettavisen's Young Player of the Year award in the Norwegian Eliteserien, Chelsea's incoming signing David Datro Fofana revealed that he is receiving advice from Arsenal legend Kolo Toure.
Fofana was chosen as the most outstanding younger in the Norwegian topflight after a banner season that saw him score fifteen goals in twenty four appearances, including nineteen starts.
Just as Fofana did last season at Molde, maszyny hazardowe online za pieniądze is playing an important role in the sports sector.
The 20-year-old will soon become the most expensive outbound transfer in Norwegian football history when he completes his transfer to Chelsea next week, with Molde and the Premier League side agreeing a fee for twelve million euros.
Toure is a bona fide Ivorian legend, amassing 120 caps and representing the Elephants at three consecutive World Cups in 2006, 2010 and 2014, before hanging up his boots.
The central defender also won the Premier League and FA Cup as an Arsenal player.
Toure recently took over the manager's job at Wigan Athletic after previously being part of Leicester's coaching staff.
"I talk to him a lot. He is like an uncle to me," Fofana explained to Nettavisen.
"He said I had to work really hard and that I can become one of the best strikers in the country.
"That I don't have to lower my level and train really hard. He knows that I have everything needed, but that I have to keep working."
Fofana added : "We talk a lot, he is like a family friend. He gives me good feedback. We Africans can say that "that is an uncle", but he is not - but he is someone who means a lot to me. We show each other respect."
Fofana is represented by Oslo-based Nigerian agent Atta Aneke who also looks after Odion Ighalo and Chidera Ejuke.
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football