Al-Nassr new signing Ronaldo to wear his iconic No. 7 shirt previously used by Nigeria captainPublished: December 31, 2022
Former Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo has joined Saudi Arabian Pro League club Al-Nassr.
Ronaldo has signed a contract for two and a half seasons valid until June 30, 2025, and will also be an ambassador to ensure that Saudi Arabia win the rights to host the 2030 World Cup.
According to media reports, Ronaldo's salary is almost 200 million euros per year - the most lucrative contract in football history.
The nine-time Saudi champions confirmed the deal via their social media accounts on Friday evening , showing a photo of Ronaldo and a club official with the striker holding his new jersey.
Ronaldo will wear his iconic number 7 shirt, same number he had at the back of his jersey during stints at Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus.
Al-Nassr's number 7 kit was previously used by Nigeria captain Ahmed Musa, who joined the club from Premier League side Leicester City after starring at the 2018 World Cup.
In a two-year association with Al-Nassr, Musa tallied eleven goals and registered fourteen assists in 57 matches across all competitions.
The Super Eagles star was the most expensive signing in the history of the Saudi Pro League after Al-Nassr spent 16.5 million euros to bring him over from Leicester City, before the transfer record was broken by Matheus Pereira, who was acquired by Al-Hilal SFC for a fee of 18 million euros.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Opinion: The Arsenal transfer target Leicester City star Ndidi should replace at West Ham
- 'He's done okay' - Former Aston Villa striker urges Everton to cash in on Iwobi
- Lille ahead of Burnley in race for Gift Orban but Gent playing hardball over striker's transfer
- Official: FC Cincinnati sign Aghedo until end of the season plus club options
- Official: Bournemouth release 19yo winger of Nigerian descent
- Confirmed: Schalke 04 will not sign former Celtic defender Jenz on a full deal
- CIES report suggests Manchester United and Chelsea target Osimhen is valued at N38.1b
- Chukwueze's link with Real Madrid: Is Villarreal winger a better than option than Rodrygo?
- Southampton and Brighton join Crystal Palace in race to sign Chelsea's Nigerian defender
- Cremonese set asking price of N4b for Rangers target Dessers
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football