Nigerian expected to return as Club NXT coach after Scott Parker's appointment as managerPublished: January 02, 2023
Nosa Obasohan is set to return as coach of Club Brugge's academy team, Club NXT, according to reports.
The well-informed Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad writes that the Nigerian football tactician will have a different role within the club following the appointment of Scott Parker as Club Brugge's new head coach.
Former Fulham and Bournemouth manager Parker will be unveiled as the new coach of Club Brugge on Monday afternoon after agreeing a two-and-a-half-year contract, and succeeds Carl Hoefkens, who was relieved of his duties as Club Brugge coach in late December following a poor run of results in domestic competitions.
Obasohan was Hoefkens' assistant at Club Brugge and his future has to be clarified in the wake of the dismissal of the former Stoke City defender as Parker usually works with his own assistants.
The 35-year-old Obasohan, holder of a UEFA A license, was coaching Club Brugge's U16 team before getting a promotion last summer.
Previously the Nigerian was video analyst for Belgium U19 national team, KFCO Beerschot and KVC Westerlo, and managed the youth teams of Westerlo.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- 2015 Golden Eaglets invitee among three Gabriels on target as Arsenal edge seven-goal thriller at Luton
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football