IFFHS World Best Goalscorer 2022: Ighalo is Nigeria's best, Kanu top-scoring Nigerian womanPublished: January 05, 2023
Paris Saint-Germain's France superstar Kylian Mbappe has won the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) title of World's Best Goal Scorer 2022.
Mbappe scored 56 goals in 56 appearances for PSG and the French national team to beat prolific Norwegian Erling Haaland (46 goals) to the accolade.
Completing the top five were Bérgson (Johor Darul Ta'zim), Germán Cano (Fluminense) and Robert Lewandowski, who tallied 42 goals for Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Poland national team over the course of 2022.
Odion Ighalo finished as Nigeria's highest ranked player in the IFFHS World's Best Goal Scorer, with a goal tally of 28 for Al Shabab and Al Hilal.
The former Manchester United striker, who's 34th in the overall rankings, mustered 21 goals in the Saudi Pro League, scored three goals in the King's Cup, and four in international competitions.
Tigres UANL striker Uchenna Kanu was the top ranked Nigerian women's player, with 22 goals combined for club and country in 2022.
Kanu's 22 goals are distributed as follows : Tigres UANL(18) and Nigeria women's national team (4).
The top five highest scoring women's players are Twente's Fenna Kalma (45), Chelsea's Samantha Kerr (38), Fortuna Sittard's Tessa Wullaert (38), Ajax Amsterdam's Romée Leuchter (36) and Manchester City's Kadisha Shaw (35).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football