Super Eagles star Nwakali named in SD Ponferradina provisional squad for Villarreal B showdownPublished: January 06, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Kelechi Nwakali is certainly in contention to be involved in some capacity when SD Ponferradina take on Villarreal B in a Segunda Division clash at the Estadio El Toralín (Ponferrada) on Friday afternoon.
Manager of Ponferradina, David Gallego can now call on the services of the Super Eagles star as he has sufficiently recovered from an injury that had kept him on the sidelines since November 26,2022.
Nwakali was withdrawn in the 57th minute against Malaga after suffering a knee injury.
The 24-year-old has missed four straight games played by Ponferradina in the Spanish second tier, against Burgos CF, Levante, CD Lugo and CD Mirandés
Los Blanquiazules struggled without their influential midfielder, earning four points from a possible twelve in the division.
If the club's last training session is anything to go by, former Espanyol coach Gallego is planning to give Nwakali minutes for the visit of the Mini Submarine.
The former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles skipper appeared in sixteen league games prior to his spell on the sidelines, scoring one goal and providing an assist.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football