IFFHS Men's world best goalscorer of third decade : Paul Onuachu is Nigeria's bestPublished: January 12, 2023
The International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) has published the ranking of the world's top goal-scorers in 3rd Decade of XXI Century based on the results of the first two years (2021 and 2022), with Racing Genk striker Paul Onuachu the only Nigeria-eligible player in the top 49.
All goals at top senior level are counted - top national divisions, national cups, official international tournaments and official games between national teams.
Onuachu has the most goals of any Nigerian player, mustering 59 goals from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022.
The FC Ebedei product has been a good servant to Racing Genk over the last two years, scoring three goals in the Beker van Belgie, one each in the Europa League and Champions League qualifiers, and 52 in the Belgian Pro League.
During the period under review, Onuachu scored twice for the Super Eagles against Benin and Lesotho in 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying.
The former FC Midtjylland man found the back of the net 36 times in 2021 and scored 23 last year.
Overall, the 28-year-old ranks nineteenth on the list but outranked current African Footballer of the Year, Sadio Mane (26th), Lautaro Martínez (29th), Darwin Núñez (41st), Sébastien Haller (45th) and Bafétimbi Gomis (46th).
Robert Lewandowski leads the ranking with 111 goals, followed by Kylian Mbappe (107), Erling Haaland (95), Karim Benzema (80) and Harry Kane (79).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football