'We met with Moses in London' - Spartak Moscow boss provides update on ex-Super Eagles starPublished: January 13, 2023
Spartak Moscow have announced their traveling squad for their first training camp in Dubai, United Arab Emirates ahead of the restart of the Russian Premier League.
Former Nigeria international Victor Moses has not been included in the 27-man squad as he is still recovering from injury.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner has been on the sidelines since August 2022 after suffering an Achilles tendon injury during the club's 2-0 win against Ural.
Spartak Moscow coach Guillermo Abascal revealed that Moses will join his teammates later and the midfielder will be assessed by the medical team with a view to his inclusion in the squad for the second training camp that will hold in Abu Dhabi from January 30 to February 11.
In quotes relayed by football24.ru, the Spanish football tactician said : "Both I and the fitness coach are monitoring the condition of Moses.
"We met with Victor in London. I can say that he will miss the first training camp and will arrive only after the 23rd. We will assess his condition, and perhaps he will be able to take part in the second training camp."
In Abu Dhabi, Spartak Moscow will take part in the friendly tournament Winline Winter RPL Cup, where they will play with Rostov, Krasnodar and Sochi, and will conclude their preparations in Belek, Turkey from 14-20 February.
Moses initially joined Spartak Moscow on loan in October 2020 before the transfer was made permanent the following season.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PL International Cup : 2023 Flying Eagles invitee on target for Arsenal in 7-2 loss to PSV
- 'Nigeria known for having very talented players' - Peseiro impressed with Golden Eaglets
- Arsenal may consider summer sale of red-hot Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football