Sturm Graz confirm interest in signing Arsenal's Anglo-Nigerian goalkeeperPublished: January 14, 2023
Austrian Bundesliga side SK Sturm Graz, through their sports director Andreas Schicker, have confirmed that Arsenal's London-born Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo is a player of interest.
Okonkwo could be signed as a potential replacement for Austria international Jörg Siebenhandl, whose contract at SK Sturm Graz runs out at the end of the season and it won't be extended.
The Hale End Academy graduate was loaned out to League Two club Crewe Alexandra for the entirety of the season last summer, meaning he has to be recalled by his parent club Arsenal before the deal can go through.
Under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, Okonkwo can be registered by a third club and play for Sturm Graz in the second half of the season as he has yet to make a single appearance for Arsenal this term.
Sturm Graz are hopeful of getting the deal over the line before the start of their training camp in Belek, Turkey on January 16.
Reacting to reports linking Okonkwo with a transfer to Sturm Graz this month, Schicker told the online edition of Austrian newspaper Kronen Zeitung : "He's one of our list. It may be that it will be quick now, because we would like to have the additions in Turkey."
The 21-year-old Okonkwo has impressed during his loan spell at Crewe Alexandra, keeping ten clean sheets in 26 all-competition appearances.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football