EFL wrap : 17yo Adeyemo scores on league debut; Luton's Adebayo, Rotherham's Odoffin strikePublished: January 14, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the players of Nigerian descent on target for their respective clubs in English Football League matches on Saturday, January 14.
At Vicarage Road, London-born Nigerian striker Tobi Adeyemo scored on his Championship debut as Watford defeated Marvin Ekpiteta's Blackpool 2-0.
Four minutes into his league debut after coming off the bench, the 17-year-old striker pounced on the rebound and fired home to break the deadlock after Maxwell had parried away a shot from Martins in the 72nd minute.
Adeyemo, who signed scholarship forms with Watford in July 2021, made his senior debut for the Hornets against Reading in the Emirates FA Cup on January 7, 2023, coming off the bench for the last fifteen minutes of the contest.
Elsewhere, Hakeen Odoffin opened his season account as Rotherham United thrashed Blackburn Rovers 4-0 at the New York Stadium.
The Millers number 22 broke the deadlock in the opening minute as he smashed the ball home from inside the box.
A defensive midfielder by trade, Odoffin netted his first of the season after 443 minutes of action in twelve matches in all competitions.
At Kenilworth Road, Luton Town threw away a two-goal lead in a 3-2 defeat suffered at the hands of Semi Ajayi's West Brom.
Elijah Adebayo doubled the home team's advantage with a brilliant header in the tenth minute, taking his tally for the season to four goals in 24 league matches.
Photo Credit : watfordfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football