EFL wrap : 17yo Adeyemo scores on league debut; Luton's Adebayo, Rotherham's Odoffin strikePublished: January 14, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the players of Nigerian descent on target for their respective clubs in English Football League matches on Saturday, January 14.
At Vicarage Road, London-born Nigerian striker Tobi Adeyemo scored on his Championship debut as Watford defeated Marvin Ekpiteta's Blackpool 2-0.
Four minutes into his league debut after coming off the bench, the 17-year-old striker pounced on the rebound and fired home to break the deadlock after Maxwell had parried away a shot from Martins in the 72nd minute.
Adeyemo, who signed scholarship forms with Watford in July 2021, made his senior debut for the Hornets against Reading in the Emirates FA Cup on January 7, 2023, coming off the bench for the last fifteen minutes of the contest.
Elsewhere, Hakeen Odoffin opened his season account as Rotherham United thrashed Blackburn Rovers 4-0 at the New York Stadium.
The Millers number 22 broke the deadlock in the opening minute as he smashed the ball home from inside the box.
A defensive midfielder by trade, Odoffin netted his first of the season after 443 minutes of action in twelve matches in all competitions.
At Kenilworth Road, Luton Town threw away a two-goal lead in a 3-2 defeat suffered at the hands of Semi Ajayi's West Brom.
Elijah Adebayo doubled the home team's advantage with a brilliant header in the tenth minute, taking his tally for the season to four goals in 24 league matches.
Photo Credit : watfordfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- 2015 Golden Eaglets invitee among three Gabriels on target as Arsenal edge seven-goal thriller at Luton
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football