Versatile Nigerian midfielder named in EFL Championship Team of the WeekPublished: January 16, 2023
Versatile Nigerian midfielder Hakeem Odoffin has been recognized for his outstanding performance during his side's 4-0 rout of Blackburn Rovers in a Championship match on Saturday, with football statistics website Whoscored.com naming the former Tottenham Hotspur schoolboy in its Team of the Week.
The Millers number 22 broke the deadlock in the opening minute as he smashed the ball home from inside the box.
Odoffin, who is also capable of playing as a central defender, netted his first of the season after 443 minutes of action in twelve matches across all competitions.
Whoscored.com uses statistics to rank players' performances and Odoffin, who was on the pitch for 90 minutes before he was replaced in injury time, earned a rating of 8.22.
In a 4-4-2 formation, the 24-year-old is joined in midfield by James McClean (Wigan Athletic), Jeffrey Hendrick (Reading) and Kieran Dowell (Norwich City).
Against Blackburn Rovers, Odoffin won a team-high five aerial duels, made three tackles, one interception and one clearance while blocking two shots.
On the flip side, he finished with a poor passing accuracy of 25 percent and did not register any key passes or dribble attempts.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football