Obafemi waxes lyrical about the form of Super Eagles strikers Osimhen, Moffi, LookmanPublished: January 16, 2023
Former Nigeria international, Abiodun Obafemi has lavished praise on Nigerian strikers making waves in Europe, particularly Napoli's Victor Osimhen, Atalanta's Ademola Lookman and Lorient's Terem Moffi.
Obafemi, a member of the Nigerian U-23 side that won gold in the football tournament of the Atlanta '96 Olympics, spoke to Brila FM, Lagos on the current form of Nigerian players especially those that have represented the country.
"We haven't had it so good in recent years. Nobody will contest this," the former Nigeria defender enthused.
"(Victor) Osimhen is the hottest striker in Europe, and by extension in the world. He's doing so well now and I believe he hasn't reached his full potential.
"Lookman has also surpassed expectations. There are so many of them doing good at the moment, Terem Moffi as well. Long may it continue," Obafemi reiterated.
The trio of Osimhen, Lookman and Moffi all scored for their respective European clubs in the last round of matches.
With the January transfer window still open, there might be interest in some of the aforementioned players.
Osimhen has mustered thirteen goals in all competitions so far this season, Lookman has nine goals to his name and Moffi is the second highest goalscorer in the French Ligue 1 with 12 goals.
The form of the three Super Eagles strikers will be sweet music to the ears of Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches in March.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PL International Cup : 2023 Flying Eagles invitee on target for Arsenal in 7-2 loss to PSV
- 'Nigeria known for having very talented players' - Peseiro impressed with Golden Eaglets
- Arsenal may consider summer sale of red-hot Super Eagles-eligible striker
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football