Flying Eagles coach Bosso running the rule over Rangers target, Australian-based midfielderPublished: January 16, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Flying Eagles coach Ladan Bosso is running the rule over Glasgow Rangers target Thompson Ishaka with a view to his inclusion on the roster for the upcoming 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.
Ishaka is hoping to showcase his talents in Egypt to potential European clubs before making a decision on his future at club level.
The 18-year-old made a splash during trials at Rangers last summer, scoring five goals for their reserve team in pre-season, but the Scottish Premiership giants could not sign him then because he was a minor.
Having attained the age of majority, the Light Blues have offered him a contract but the transfer fee being tabled is way below his valuation.
Another player aiming to catch the eye of Bosso in Abuja is Paul Salami, an Australian-based midfielder who plays for the U21 team of National Premier Leagues Victoria side Bentleigh Greens SC.
Former Golden Eaglets striker Wisdom Ubani (NK Jarun, Croatia), Kenny Coker and David Aziaya (both Norwich City) have also reported for international duty in Abuja, while the other invited foreign-based players are expected to be in camp by next week.
It is understood that the Nigeria Football Federation is planning to submit the final squad for the U20 AFCON on February 8, eleven days before the Flying Eagles' opener against Senegal .
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- What has gone wrong for Samuel Chukwueze at Italian giants AC Milan?
- Moffi's fastest goal of the season not enough as OGC Nice succumb to defeat against Toulouse
- Official: 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Amoo terminates his contract with Omonia Nicosia
- Former Chelsea defender reckons Tottenham star Udogie is Premier League's best left-back
- 'Slightly ahead' - 2006 World Cup winner rates Osimhen higher than Vlahovic in defensive phase
- 'It's almost unstoppabe' - 1994 AFCON winner Ekoku hails Eze for fantastic free-kick goal against Tottenham
- 'Wasn't meant to be sub'- Wolves coach explains why 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles star was named in squad
- Who is Tyrique George? The dual national winger who could be Chelsea's next breakout sensation
- Super Eagles star Aribo labelled 'brilliant player' by Southampton boss after injury-time winner
- Made in Africa goal: Wissa highlights Onyeka's role in acrobatic finish against Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football