Lorient boss admits West Ham, OGC Nice target Moffi is disturbed by transfer talksPublished: January 22, 2023
Lorient coach Régis Le Bris has admitted that Terem Moffi is disturbed by speculation linking him with a departure from Les Merlus in the January transfer window.
The Nigeria international was left out of the Lorient squad for their Coupe de France clash with Bastia on Saturday and the official reason given for his absence was that he was recovering from illness.
Moffi is pushing for a transfer to OGC Nice who have lodged three bids to secure his signature this month and the latest bid was a total package of 20 million euros.
From an economic point of view, the leadership of Lorient would prefer trading the Nigerian to an English Premier League team as the fee being offered is higher than the proposal from OGC Nice.
West Ham United made a £20m bid plus £5m in performance-related add-ons to sign the Lorient hitman, while Southampton's offer was deemed insufficient.
At Saturday evening's post-match press conference, Régis Le Bris did not deny that his top scorer Moffi is concerned about his future but expects the Super Eagles star to return to the fold for the visit of Rennes on Friday, January 27.
In quotes related by L'Equipe, Le Bris stated : "There is a reality, there is this little virus, and it is a somewhat disturbing period for him.
"But I think he will be back for Rennes and that he will resume training at the start of the week."
The 23-year-old Moffi has eighteen months left on his contract with Lorient, whom he joined from Belgian team KV Kortrijk in 2020.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football