Saka labeled GOAT by Arsenal-owned GK Okonkwo after winger's best goal of his careerPublished: January 23, 2023
In one of the Premier League games of the season, Arsenal earned a massive 3-2 win over Manchester United at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday evening.
Mikel Arteta's team continue to set the pace at the top of the table despite the absence of influential striker Gabriel Jesus who is recovering from an injury he suffered at the 2022 World Cup.
Arsenal's win over the Red Devils, thanks to Eddie Nketiah's 90th minute winner, takes them to 50 points, five clear of nearest challengers Manchester City at the halfway stage of the season as far as the Gunners are concerned.
Onetime Nigerian Federation target Bukayo Saka was one of the architects of the Gunners win, scoring a stunning goal in the 53rd minute to make it 2-1.
The academy product drifted inside from the right and curled the ball from outside the box into the bottom left corner, and in doing so he became the third Gunners player in the Premier League era to score in three consecutive games against Manchester United, following in the footsteps of Freddie Ljungberg and Thierry Henry.
Speaking to Arsenal's official website post-match, Saka admitted his stunning second half strike was the best goal of his career to date.
The winger also took to Instagram to share his thoughts after the game, writing : "What a WIN! We never stopped believing. Thank you for the support Gunners, the energy was unreal. We keep going!" .
Responding to Saka's post, Super Eagles-eligible goalkeeper and fellow Arsenal academy product Arthur Okonkwo used a GOAT emoji to suggest the talented England international is one of the best players in the world.
Okonkwo simply wrote : "🐐"
Saka and Okonkwo began the 2018-2019 season as first year scholars before signing their first professional contracts with Arsenal in September 2018.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- U23 AFCONQ Nigeria 0 Guinea 0 : Olympic Eagles walk tightrope after stalemate in Abuja
- After equaling Yakubu's record, Akpom could set new Middlesbrough record on Good Friday
- Dual national Gent goal machine Orban commits future to Nigeria over Togo
- Everton face a relegation battle again: Where has it gone wrong?
- Super Eagles camp update : All present and correct as Porto LB reports for international duty
- Arsenal's Super Eagles-eligible striker Balogun pulls out of England U21 squad
- How to find low deposit casinos for Nigerian players
- Eagles tactical session : Emphasis on crosses; Peserio experiments with Omeruo, Ajayi; Uzoho gets nod
- More drama Tuesday's training session as Super Eagles' CSO 'fights' with Nigerian journalists
- Parimatch : So much more than soccer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football