Super Eagles-eligible player begins training with Chelsea ahead of potential debut v FulhamPublished: January 24, 2023
Chelsea manager Graham Potter has started running the rule over new signing Chukwunonso Madueke with a view to handing the Super Eagles-eligible player his competitive debut in the club's next match - a London derby against Fulham at Stamford Bridge.
As part of their Vision 2030 project, the Blues snapped up the England U21 international of Nigerian descent last week, tying him up to a seven-and-a-half-year deal with a club option for the 2030-2031 season.
PSV Eindhoven agreed to terminate the 20-year-old's contract before its expiration in exchange for 35 million euros.
Chelsea confirmed through their official website that Madueke took part in a light training session at Cobham Training Centre on Monday and added that his potential debut comes in ten days time in a Premier League match against Fulham.
The exciting winger has not really played much this season as he spent the first two months of the season on the sidelines due to an ankle injury he suffered during pre-season preparations at PSV Eindhoven.
Madueke, a product of the Tottenham Hotspur academy, played three matches against Premier League opposition during his PSV days, against Arsenal in the Europa League and Leicester City in the Europa Conference League.
Photo Credit : chesleafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football