Manchester United-owned Flying Eagles-eligible midfielder makes his senior debutPublished: January 24, 2023
Flying Eagles-eligible player, Maximillian Oyedele on Tuesday night made his senior debut for National League outfit, Altrincham, following his loan move from Manchester United, in their 1-0 defeat to Chesterfield.
Oyedele has represented United youth teams this season, featuring in competitions like the U-18 Premier League, Papa Johns Trophy, FA Youth Cup and Premier League 2.
The player who can be deployed in defensive midfield and centre back positions, came off the bench in the 73rd minute in place of Jordan Hulme at the Technique Stadium.
Ashley Palmer headed home the ball from a corner kick with two minutes left on the clock which was the decisive moment.
On the opposing side was another young player of Nigerian descent, Tim Akinola, who is on loan from Arsenal.
Akinola also started from the substitute bench and was introduced in the second half for Dobra in the 89th minute.
Oyedele made the substitute bench last week when his current on-loan side won 3-2 against Maidenhead Utd but he was not able to come off the bench for his first game for the Robins.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He's done okay' - Former Aston Villa striker urges Everton to cash in on Iwobi
- Lille ahead of Burnley in race for Gift Orban but Gent playing hardball over striker's transfer
- Official: FC Cincinnati sign Aghedo until end of the season plus club options
- Official: Bournemouth release 19yo winger of Nigerian descent
- Confirmed: Schalke 04 will not sign former Celtic defender Jenz on a full deal
- CIES report suggests Manchester United and Chelsea target Osimhen is valued at N38.1b
- Chukwueze's link with Real Madrid: Is Villarreal winger a better than option than Rodrygo?
- Southampton and Brighton join Crystal Palace in race to sign Chelsea's Nigerian defender
- Cremonese set asking price of N4b for Rangers target Dessers
- Bologna-owned striker names Ajax CB Bassey as the toughest opponent he faced last season
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football