Mikel Arteta promotes Nigerian striker to Arsenal first team training ahead of trip to Man CityPublished: January 25, 2023
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is running the rule over London-born Nigerian striker Nathan Butler-Oyedeji ahead of his side's trip to Manchester City for the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Spanish football tactician promoted the Hale End Academy product to first team training on Wednesday in what should be their penultimate workout before the trip to Manchester.
Joel Ideho, who has trained with the Gunners first team seveal times this month, wasn't involved in todays training session at London Colney because he is currently in the Nigerian capital, Abuja with Nigeria's U20 national team.
Butler-Oyedeji has received two call-ups for first team games this season, against Newcastle United in a Premier League game at the Emirates Stadium twenty two days ago and Oxford United in the FA Cup on January 9, but was a non-playing substitute.
The 20-year-old has been arguably the standout player of Arsenal's development squad so far this season, scoring seven goals in all competitions, and a first team debut is getting closer.
He won the Papa Johns Trophy Player of the Group Stage award after scoring three goals and providing an assist in three matches.
Butler-Oyedeji has been on the books of Arsenal since May 2011 and signed his first professional contract in 2021.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football