Super Eagles forward sends message to Danjuma after winger's move to TottenhamPublished: January 25, 2023
Super Eagles forward Taiwo Awoniyi has sent a message to Arnaut Danjuma after the winger joined Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday, subject to international clearance.
The Lagos-born Netherlands international will play for the north London club for the remainder of the 2022-2023 season, with a purchase option included in the agreement.
Danjuma was on the brink of linking up with another Lagos-born player at Everton in Alex Iwobi but changed his mind, coinciding with the dismissal of Frank Lampard as the Toffees manager.
He has some Premier League experience under his belt, making 14 appearances for Bournemouth over the course of the 2019-2020 season.
The 25-year-old has fallen out of favour at Villarreal since the restart of La Liga after the World Cup break, logging just one minute from a possible 360.
Awoniyi was teammates with Danjuma at NEC Nijmegen in the 2016-17 season and both have maintained close ties even after moving on to pastures new.
After the transfer was confirmed by Tottenham Hotspur, Danjuma wrote on Instagram : "To dare is to do. Let’s get to work!"
Responding to Danjuma's post, Awoniyi said, "My bro let’s go" and added a fire emoji.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football