Serie A top scorer Osimhen nets goal of the season contender in Napoli's 2-1 win v RomaPublished: January 29, 2023
Victor Osimhen scored for the fourth consecutive match in the Serie A as Napoli beat Jose Mourinho's AS Roma 2-1 at the Diego Maradona Stadium on Sunday night.
The Nigeria international has netted fourteen goals from sixteen league matches this term, the same tally he finished with last season but has played eleven games fewer in 2022-2023.
A moment of quality from the top scorer in the Serie A was what separated the two sides at halftime.
Osimhen scored one of the goals of the season in the 17th minute when he showed great ball control and volleyed the ball into the back of the net after he was found by a cross from Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
The Napoli number 9 also bagged the winner in the reverse fixture in the capital back in October.
An inspired second half change by Mourinho paid off as substitute Stephan El Shaarawy showed desire to score the equalizer from close range with the outside of his foot in the 75th minute to potentially open up the title race.
Shortly after Roma's leveler, Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti reacted by taking off Osimhen and bringing on Giacomo Raspadori.
Four minutes from time, Giovanni Simeone's stunning goal secured three points for the Naples outfit.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football