Official : Deadline day moves for Fulham and St. Mirren box-to-box midfielders of Nigerian descentPublished: January 31, 2023
Championship club Preston North End have completed the deadline day signing of 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup winner Josh Onomah.
Onomah mutually terminated his contract with Premier League side Fulham before heading to Preston North End.
The central midfielder, a product of the Tottenham Hotspur academy, has joined Preston North End on a short-term deal until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Onomah, who describes himself as a box-to-box midfielder, has been assigned the number 17 jersey at PNE and could make his competitive debut for his new employers on Saturday when they face Bristol City in the Championship.
The 25-year-old London native of Nigerian descent registered five goals in 76 matches for Fulham.
Scotland U21 international of Nigerian descent Ethan Erhahon has also completed a deadline day move, swapping Scottish Premiership outfit St. Mirren for League One side Lincoln City, subject to international clearance.
Erhahon, who confirmed he can play as a number 6 and number 8, has put pen to paper on a multi-year contract with Lincoln City.
The 21-year-old was at St. Mirren for over fifteen years and made 123 appearances for the club.
Photo Credit : fulhamfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football