Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squadPublished: February 02, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told that Joel Ideho not having a valid travel document might have contributed to Flying Eagles manager Ladan Bosso's decision not to include the Arsenal winger in his provisional 30-man squad list for the upcoming 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
Straight from the horse's mouth, this website can reveal that Ideho's Nigerian passport has been expired since 2018 and this blocked his chances of traveling with the team to Morocco for the second phase of preparations.
It is believed that his late arrival to camp was the primary reason he was omitted from the squad as he was one of the last foreign-based players to report for international duty when almost everyone was already there.
It was almost impossible and would have been unprofessional for Ladan Bosso to properly assess Ideho after training with the team for few days ahead of a major tournament.
Knowing full well that he was no longer in contention to make the Flying Eagles squad, he had to return to the United Kingdom after few days of training.
A national team scout who ran the rule over Ideho in Abuja likened him to Cremonese winger cum center forward David Okereke.
Despite his Netherlands connections, Ideho played like a typical Nigerian winger - quick, physical and tricky - but has to add goals to his game to become a more complete winger.
The truth is Ladan Bosso has confidence in the wingers in his team and it would have been a luxury taking Ideho to Egypt.
The former Ajax Amsterdam wonderkid remains a player of interest to Bosso and the plan is to hand him another call-up if the Flying Eagles qualify for the 2023 World Cup.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football