Most expensive player of Nigerian descent in Chelsea's history sparkles on PL debutPublished: February 03, 2023
Chelsea new signing Noni Madueke made his Premier League debut on Friday night against fellow London side, Fulham at Stamford Bridge which ended on a goalless note.
The Tottenham Hotspur-reared winger became the most expensive player of Nigerian descent in the history of Chelsea when he joined the Stamford Bridge outfit last month for a guaranteed fee of 35 million euros,
Former PSV Eidhoven ace Madueke came off the substitute bench in the 46th minute in place of big-money signing Mykhailo Mudryk and had quite an impression with his endeavors.
The 20-year-old started his Chelsea career in a fantastic way as he showed flashes of quality and a lot of skill on the ball.
2022 World Cup star Enzo Fernandez also made his debut for the FIFA Club World Cup holders who are now in 9th place on the log with 30 points, ahead of Liverpool in 10th place.
A solid defensive display from Fulham prevented Chelsea from finding the back of the net
Cottagers center back Tim Ream blocked Fofana's shot on the line while Havertz saw his lob come back off the post.
Carney Chukwuemeka could not make his ninth Premier League appearance on the night as he was left on the bench throughout the entirety of the game.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football