'The changes were spectacular' - Flying Eagles captain hails Ladan Bosso for inspired substitutionsPublished: February 04, 2023
Flying Eagles captain, Daniel Bamaiyi has sounded the team's readiness to win the 2023 CAF U-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
The tournament serves as the qualifiers to the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Indonesia this May and the Nigerian team are rearing to go.
The U-20 captain spoke at the Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja shortly after the international friendly against Zambia on Friday
The friendly looked a little bit tough but eventually goals from Rilwanu Haliru Sarki, Adams Olamilekan, Emmanuel Uchegbu and Samson Lawal secured a win for Ladan Bosso's boys.
"We have been planning for this game (against Zambia). It was a nice one. We gave our best and the whole players are happy. We fought hard," Bamaiyi admitted.
"When we were scoring and Zambia kept on equalizing, our heads never dropped. The spirit in the team is high.
"This was the first real test for us. It was an international match and by the grace of God, we shall make Nigerians proud."
On the quality of opposition that they faced in Abuja, Bamaiyi acknowledged that they have a very competitive team and insists that the ambitious Flying Eagles do not fear any opposition.
The defender highlighted that he was pleased with the depth of the squad with three substitutes coming off the bench to score for the Flying Eagles.
"As far as I'm concerned, this team, you can see from the substitutes, the coach is perfect on the job, he knows what he's doing . You can see the changes were spectacular.
"Everybody can be in the starting lineup as it is in the team. Everybody is hungry to play, that's what we want, we have the zeal to play so anybody can cover up to achieve our aim.
"We did it at the WAFU Zone B tournament, and this AFCON won't be a new challenge for us.
"Definitely we are aiming for the gold medal and by the special grace of God we want to be in the World Cup," he concluded.
Photo Credit : Zambia FA
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football