Super Eagles striker Onuachu breaks his silence after deadline day move to SouthamptonPublished: February 05, 2023
Super Eagles striker Paul Onuachu has taken to social media to break his silence following his deadline move to Premier League side Southampton in the January transfer window.
The Saints signed the prolific attacker on a deal that runs through until the end of the 2025-2026 season, and Racing Genk are guaranteed 18 million euros in transfer fee.
A product of famous Nigerian grassroots club FC Ebedei, Onuachu is expected to play a key role in attack as Southampton aim to avoid the drop following a poor start to the season.
The lanky center forward showed flashes of his aerial ability by winning a team-high six aerial duels on his Premier League debut against Brentford on Saturday.
On Sunday morning, Onuachu released a statement, thanking everyone associated with Genk, after more than three years he spent at the club.
Writing on Instagram, he said : "I want to thank everyone in Krc Genk. The board members, the previous coaches and the present coaches, staffs, medical team, players, my Danish family and of course the Genkie fans that has helped me achieved and grow, not just as football player but also as a person.
"It difficult putting words together, Genk will always be my home and in my heart. I wish you all the best in the future and the rest of the season and to become Champion."
In total, Onuachu notched 85 goals in 134 games for Racing Genk, which he joined in 2019 from FC Midtjylland.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Okocha, Utaka, Osimhen shone here' - Ex-Flying Eagles star Adams on his move to French Ligue 1
- Super Eagles face tricky 2023 AFCON draw after being placed in Pot 2
- 'It's strange to end a game without scoring' - Osimhen declares after going goalless in three games
- Agent preaches right attitude to young footballers as age grade scouting tournament end in Lagos
- 'You can compare him with Romelu Lukaku' - Marc Wilmots likens Boniface to Chelsea-owned striker
- North London derby: Arsenal icon looking forward to seeing Tottenham rising star Udogie in person
- 'I told him to try to score' - Udogie's very first coach reveals Tottenham LB used to be a playmaker
- 'He'll be an added value for our national team' - Peseiro speaks on Chukwueze's move to AC Milan
- Chelsea handed boost ahead of visit of Aston Villa with Madueke's return to training
- Top 10 slot games to play at online casino
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football