Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester UnitedPublished: February 06, 2023
Crystal Palace manager Patrick Vieira rued the missed chances by his players, including Eberechi Eze, during his side's 2-1 loss to Manchester United in a Premier League game at Old Trafford on Saturday.
The Red Devils were two goals up after 61 minutes thanks to a penalty converted by Bruno Fernandes and a strike from the in-form Marcus Rashford, but Jeffrey Schlupp pulled one back with fourteen minutes left on the clock to set up a nervy finish.
United were able to hang on to victory despite playing a man short following the red card shown to Casemiro for violent conduct in the 70th minute.
Two former Super Eagles invitees tasted action, with Michael Olise, fresh from winning the Premier League Goal of the Month, going the distance and Eze entering the game as a substitute in the 73rd minute.
Nine minutes from time, Eze went for goal but his shot failed to hit the target.
Speaking post-match, Vieira namechecked the Anglo-Nigerian winger as he urged his players to be more clinical in front of goal.
"We had situations, we had a couple of chances with Ebs [Eze] in the box, with JP [Mateta], but it wasn’t consistent," Vieira was quoted as saying by the official webpage of the Eagles.
"The kind of dominance we had when we were 11 v 10, there was a little bit of frustration because with the decision making, better quality we could score that second goal.
"It is composure, that second goal – that’s part of making that decision in the final third."
Eze has not scored in the Premier League since Palace's 2-0 win at Bournemouth on December 31.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football