Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL clubPublished: February 06, 2023
Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent Nathan Butler-Oyedeji made his professional debut on Saturday as Accrington Stanley suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Lincoln City in an EFL League One match at the Wham Stadium.
The Hale End Academy product joined Accrington Stanley on loan on transfer deadline day, signing a deal until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Wearing the number 18 at the back of his jersey, Butler-Oyedeji was named in the starting lineup against Lincoln City in what was his first senior game.
The 20-year-old was substituted with 59 minutes played, shortly after the visitors scored their third goal.
Prior to his senior debut for The Reds, Butler-Oyedeji was named on Arsenal's first team bench twice; at home to Newcastle United in the Premier League on January 3 and away at Oxford United in an Emirates FA Cup clash on January 9.
With 25 points from 26 matches, Accrington Stanley are second from bottom on the table following the loss to Lincoln City
Butler-Oyedeji signed his first professional contract at Arsenal in August 2021.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football