FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat WatfordPublished: February 06, 2023
Arsenal roared back from two goals down to beat Watford 4-2 at Vicarage Road and secured a spot in the quarterfinals of the FA Youth Cup on Monday night.
Watford U18s boss made two changes from the round four win against Everton, one of which say Hamzat Balogun miss out on the matchday squad.
Tobi Adeyemo, who has been involved in the last five matches played by the Hornets first team, started in attack for the Hornets.
Adu-Poku gave Watford the best possible start as he opened the scoring in the first minute when he tapped in and the hosts doubled the advantage in the 13th minute through Adeyemo, who slotted home after the ball was put on a plate for him.
Shortly after Amario Cozier-Duberry pulled one back from the spot in the 57th minute, manager Jack Wilshere reacted by bringing on the Premier League's youngest debutant in history, Nwaneri for his second career appearance in the FA Youth Cup.
In the 63rd minute, Kamara pounced on the rebound and made no mistake after Ibrahim's effort from outside the box was palmed away by the goalkeeper.
Rosiak put the Gunners ahead for the first time in the game in the 66th minute and Cozier-Duberry netted his second spot kick to make it 4-2 midway through the second half.
Nwaneri had two chances to increase the lead but his shot in the 74th minute was parried by the Watford goalkeeper and his other attempt was not on target.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football