'Nigeria known for having very talented players' - Peseiro impressed with Golden EagletsPublished: February 07, 2023
Super Eagles manager José Santos Peseiro says he is convinced that Nigeria is a country flowing with an abundance of football talents, after watching the training sessions of the U17 boys, Golden Eaglets on Monday morning at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project pitch, Moshood Abiola National Stadium in Abuja.
The Portuguese tactician admitted he was very impressed with the performance of the players, and charged them to keep improving their game as preparations for the Africa U17 Cup of Nations in Algeria hot up. He also admonished players that would eventually be dropped not to be dejected as that would not be the end of their football career.
"I am impressed with what I have seen with the performance of the players here. Nigeria is known for having very talented players, so I am therefore not surprised with the performance of these players," Peseiro said.
"You have to keep working hard and keep improving your game. Unfortunately, not all the players here will be selected.
"You should not give up if you fail to make the final team," he added.
The Golden Eaglets have been drawn in Group B of the Africa U17 Cup of Nations in Algeria, where the team will trade tackles with Zambia, Morocco and South Africa in the city of Constantine.
Current Super Eagles players Kelechi Iheanacho, Taiwo Awoniyi, Francis Uzoho, Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze are World Cup winners at U17 level with the Golden Eagelts.
- Transfer guru reveals why Man Utd are pushing to sign Osimhen, price tag could increase
- 'Hopefully I can convince him' - England U21 boss to hold talks with Arsenal loanee Balogun
- Super Eagles invitee Aniagboso reveals Chelsea are one of his dream clubs; hails Omeruo, Uzoho
- Huddersfield LB still eligible for Nigeria after being unused sub for Equatorial Guinea in AFCONQ
- U23 AFCONQ fallout: NFF responsible for the failure of Olympic Eagles
- Osimhen's potential replacement : Royale Union Saint-Gilloise's Boniface should reject Napoli
- 'Just a pitch with grass' - Iwobi urges NFF to provide infrastructure to match Super Eagles ability
- 'Kane's not going on forever' - Arsenal legend Wright backs Balogun for England call-up
- Hungry Fenerbahce fullback Osayi-Samuel is Super Eagles' new shining light
- Former Chelsea defender reacts after becoming 16th most capped Super Eagles player
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football