'I don't care what the previous striker did' - Arokodare on stepping into Onuachu's shoes at GenkPublished: February 25, 2023
Tolu Arokodare is under pressure to replicate the performances of Paul Onuachu at Racing Genk.
The Belgian Pro League table toppers immediately made a move for Arokodare when it became clear that Onuachu was heading to the Premier League to join Southampton on transfer deadline day in January.
Onuachu departed the Limburg club with 85 goals in 134 matches, a tally bettered only by Jelle Vossen, who mustered 105 goals but played 114 games more than the Nigeria national teamer.
The big challenge before Arokodare is to make the Racing Genk supporters forget about Onuachu, but the lanky striker has made it clear that he is focused on himself and not on anything else.
In quotes relayed by Voetbal Primeur, citing Het Belang van Limburg, Arokodare stated : ''But I don't care what the previous striker did here, does it? I certainly don't mean that in a bad way, but I just have to do my job here.
"If Paul had scored two goals this season, it would be just as important for me to score now. I shouldn't concern myself with others, but just focus on my own job."
In his first three games as a Racing Genk player, Arokodare scored one goal and also provided an assist.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football