'I don't care what the previous striker did' - Arokodare on stepping into Onuachu's shoes at GenkPublished: February 25, 2023
Tolu Arokodare is under pressure to replicate the performances of Paul Onuachu at Racing Genk.
The Belgian Pro League table toppers immediately made a move for Arokodare when it became clear that Onuachu was heading to the Premier League to join Southampton on transfer deadline day in January.
Onuachu departed the Limburg club with 85 goals in 134 matches, a tally bettered only by Jelle Vossen, who mustered 105 goals but played 114 games more than the Nigeria national teamer.
The big challenge before Arokodare is to make the Racing Genk supporters forget about Onuachu, but the lanky striker has made it clear that he is focused on himself and not on anything else.
In quotes relayed by Voetbal Primeur, citing Het Belang van Limburg, Arokodare stated : ''But I don't care what the previous striker did here, does it? I certainly don't mean that in a bad way, but I just have to do my job here.
"If Paul had scored two goals this season, it would be just as important for me to score now. I shouldn't concern myself with others, but just focus on my own job."
In his first three games as a Racing Genk player, Arokodare scored one goal and also provided an assist.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football