Iheanacho battles Man Utd, Tottenham, Fulham, Aston Villa stars for PL Player of the MonthPublished: March 02, 2023
Kelechi Iheanacho's brilliant form for Leicester City in February has earned him a nomination for the Premier League Player of the Month award.
The Nigeria international enjoyed a new lease of life, having started all the matches contested by Leicester City in the top-flight, and repaid the manager's faith by directly participating in five goals in four games.
Iheanacho kicked off the month by registering a goal and two assists as Leicester City came from behind to thrash Aston Villa 4-2 at Villa Park on February 4
And exactly a week later, he followed that up with a goal and an assist in Leicester City’s impressive 4-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at the King Power Stadium.
He was in the Leicester City side beaten 3-0 by Manchester United at Old Trafford on February 15 and also started the 1-0 loss to Arsenal on February 25.
Iheanacho is up against Berd Leno (Fulham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Emerson Royal (Tottenham Hotspur), Manor Soloman (Fulham) and Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa) for the award.
The former Manchester City man is among four Nigerian players who have won the award in the past, the others being Austin Jay-Jay Okocha, Osaze Odemwingie and Odion Ighalo.
The winner of the Premier League Player of the Month will be announced on Friday, March 10.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football