Everton boss reveals it's unlikely Iwobi will leave for Fenerbahce this monthPublished: March 03, 2023
Speaking to the national press in England ahead of his side's Premier League clash against Nottingham Forest, Everton manager Sean Dyche dismissed speculation linking Alex Iwobi with an imminent move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
Reports emanating from the Turkish press suggested that the Super Eagles playmaker was unhappy at the Toffees and wanted to depart the club.
The reports added that the Yellow Canaries were considering signing Iwobi on loan before the close of the winter transfer market early next week.
In what has been a dismal season for Everton, the Hale End Academy product has been one of the club's bright sparks.
Signed from Arsenal in the summer of 2019, Iwobi will enter the final year of his contract on July 1, 2023, and has been offered a new deal to extend his stay at Goodison Park.
When asked to react to reports about Iwobi being unhappy, Dyche said : "Well I have seen him today and he seems to be quite happy at the moment so I can only go on what my eyes are telling me and what my feeling is telling me."
On the chances of Iwobi joining Fenerbahce, he replied : "It is unlikely, I would suggest".
In 28 all-competition appearances for Everton this season, Iwobi has registered nine goal involvements (1 goal, 8 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- U23 AFCONQ Nigeria 0 Guinea 0 : Olympic Eagles walk tightrope after stalemate in Abuja
- After equaling Yakubu's record, Akpom could set new Middlesbrough record on Good Friday
- Dual national Gent goal machine Orban commits future to Nigeria over Togo
- Everton face a relegation battle again: Where has it gone wrong?
- Super Eagles camp update : All present and correct as Porto LB reports for international duty
- Arsenal's Super Eagles-eligible striker Balogun pulls out of England U21 squad
- How to find low deposit casinos for Nigerian players
- Eagles tactical session : Emphasis on crosses; Peserio experiments with Omeruo, Ajayi; Uzoho gets nod
- More drama Tuesday's training session as Super Eagles' CSO 'fights' with Nigerian journalists
- Parimatch : So much more than soccer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football