U20 AFCON : Three observations from Flying Eagles next opponent's win v South SudanPublished: March 03, 2023
The Young Scorpions of The Gambia will be one of four African countries to play at the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Indonesia.
The team mauled tournament debutants, South Sudan 5-0 on Friday to set up a semifinal meeting with the Flying Eagles of Nigeria on Monday, March 6.
All Nigeria Soccer saw the game and presents three observations from the match which the Eagles must take note of.
1. Hat-trick hero
Adama Bojang is the man to watch when Nigeria play The Gambia in Monday in one of the semifinals games of the 2023 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations in Egypt.
The striker scored a hat-trick in the 5-0 rout against South Sudan at the Haras El Hodoud Stadium, Alexandria.
Bojang scored his treble the space of forty minutes while the duo of Moses Jarju and Mahmodou Bajo grabbed the other goals.
The striker is blessed with pace and his directness will trouble the Flying Eagles. Bojang also got one of his goals from a header so that is something to keep an eye on.
2. Defensive 'heights'
The Gambia have very tall defenders whose 6ft height could naturally increase their chances of dealing with the attacking threats of Nigeria.
Dreads-wearing Moses Jarju who scored one of the five goals is powerful in the air and is going to be an invaluable asset to his side.
Against South Sudan he won four aerial battles and was also keen to drive up the field with the ball.
3. The Gambia's beautiful game
The Gambia players were showboating when victory was certain on Friday evening.
But more pointedly, their midfield players also moved the ball sideways promisingly and utilized the pace and trickery of left winger, Ba Lamin Sowe who complimented the threat of Adama Bojang upfront.
Once the ball got to Sowe, he was almost guaranteed of getting past his markers and deliver some tantalizing crosses into the penalty area.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football